iRights.Lab GmbH operates this online service at www.irights-lab.de in observance of the applicable data protection rules. The webspace is provided for us by ALL-INKL.COM – Neue Medien Münnich, Hauptstraße 68, 02742 Friedersdorf.
In the course of the use of this online service, it may be the case that various pieces of personal data are used for the following purposes:
- Conveyance of data
- Improving the online service
- Newsletter subscription
Data will be processed depending on the use, be that:
- data sent to us by your browser, such as your IP address when you dask for online content (HTTP request);
- data we have saved into your re-identification file (HTTP cookie);
- your email address (only in the context of newsletter function);
- your browser data will be made available upon request to third parties where we use their services or content directly as a part of our service.
B. Data processing site
The site where data is processed in relation to this online activity is iRights.Lab GmbH, Almstadtstr. 9/11, 10119 Berlin.
We will ensure that the applicable data protection rules arising from the German Teleservices Act, the Interstate Broadcasting Agreement, the Federal Data Protection Act, and other data protection regulations are followed. The protection of personal data is important to us.
In what follows we aim to inform you of what data is gathered and saved and for what it is used for. In general, personal data is only used on this website for technically necessary processes. The data thus generated is not under any circumstances sold or passed on to third parties. You always have the right to information regarding data relating to yourself which is saved, where it comes from, who receives it and the purpose of its retention.
C. Conveyance of online content
In order to convey to you the web page you have called up, typically the following information will be send by your browser (as part of what is called an HTTP request):
- Your IP address, i.e. a series of figures that identify your computer’s current internet connection;
- the website you have called up;
- information on the browser and operating system that you are using, such as its name and version;
- sometimes the page from which you have come to our site (referrer information).
Your IP address is needed for the conveyance of the content which you have called up.
D. Improving our service with the use of visitor statistics
In order to improve our online service, we sometimes evaluate how the site is used.
To do this, we create visitor statistics using the Piwik application. This application has your browser save two identification numbers (HTTP cookies) in order to distinguish different kinds of users. In this connection, your IP address is involved in the evaluation, but it is shortened in such a way that it is not possible to ascribe it to you.
If you do not agree to having your site views included in the statistics, you have several options:
- You can delete the HTTP cookies in your browser.
- In many modern browsers you can select settings that signal to the page operator that you do not want to be involved in such statistics (so-called “do not track”). We will respect this setting.
- Finally, you can also select a setting within our offer which will ensure that your site viewing is not recorded. For this, Piwik will save an opt-out cookie on your device which is valid for two years (“piwik_ignore”), in order to prevent recording.
E. Newsletter subscription
Using our website, you can ask to be subscribed to our newsletter, so that you are kept abreast of new developments. In order to process your subscription, we need to process your personal data in an automated way. Your data will only be used to assist in sending out the newsletter, and only as agreed by you.